Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sleepy Heads. Thursday 18th June 2009.

The business of touring is certainly a tiring one and this morning it was 11am before any of us woke. Thursday is local market day and by the time we arrived it was almost over, it had lost its shine. I did bag a bargain though, fresh prawns for €1 per 100 grams and they were delicious. We did stop in at Cremerie Coudel to stock up on the weeks supply of Comte, that had been aged beautifully for 24 months.

The afternoon came, and we all ventured to Ille de Versailles to hire a boat to cruise up and down the L’Erdre. Alex drove most of the way and wore a smile plastered across his face the entire way, it was great fun. We had packed a picnic and ate it under the shade of a tree on Ille de Versailles. We fed the ducks before jumping back on the tram to the centre of town.





The boys headed home and I stayed in the thick of things for a while, I wanted to revisit the beautiful Passage Pommeraye. At its entrance I discovered the luscious Maison Larnicol, a gorgeous chocolatier, also specialising in brightly coloured macaroons. The had a Ferrari chocolate in the window for €29 too.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making a comment, the staff at Living Life Less Ordinary thank you for taking the time to interact with us, hee hee hee.