Friday, June 19, 2009

Closure. Thrusday 4th June 2009.

AJ didn’t want to venture out today; he wanted to stay at home with Lilly. Rob dropped JR and I up the Shankill for a haircut, the first for me since leaving Oz over four months ago, and to pick up a few bits ‘n pieces for dinner tonight. What a treat it was and a great cut too, thanks to wee Kelly with her broad Belfast accent and jet black hair. See what happens when you let go of control, everything works out just fine.

Rob was tired and went for a lie down for the afternoon. I pottered about with Lilly Lovely Legs as I had begun to call her. Alan, Sandra and Peter soon arrived to bid us farewell, gosh I will miss them, I love ‘em to bits I do. Rob went out for the night, it was a shame he was not with us for our last dinner. Lilly had cooked a smashin’ roast beef, tooth tender and served with gravy, Yorkshire pud, carrot, broccoli, roast potato, parsnip and onions – we ate like kings and queens.
When Rob came home Alex wanted to give them our present which was a night time shot of Brisbane that JR had taken and also a beautiful portrait of the two of them taken the day we wandered along the river in Belturbet during the happy times we shared in County Cavan. Rob had given me a wee wink gesturing that he wanted a copy of the shot so we tucked the thought away, ordered a print and organised a light timber frame to hang on the wall. The gift bag was decorated with silver butterflies; Lillie’s favourites. AJ went off to bed ready for our departure early in the morning while us four sat up until late into the night sharing our thoughts on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making a comment, the staff at Living Life Less Ordinary thank you for taking the time to interact with us, hee hee hee.