We had a movie day at home today, it was just what we needed after days on end spent tripping about. We put on a roast pork late in the afternoon, and a roasting dish filled with potatoes, sweet potato and my new Provencal discovery ‘potimarron’ which is a small, bright orange pumpkin and my new favourite roasted until its edges are blackened and caramelised. The lack of roasting pans forced me to be inventive and to cook the roast in a flan tin, it did a great job of it. The meat juices in the tin were dark and sticky and were the base for velvety gravy. AJ said, ‘I wish I had a fountain of gravy that could be taken everywhere’, aren’t kids great?
Later, in the dead of night, I stood on the terrace looking at the beautiful wrought iron bell tower lit with a yellow glow, AJ joined me and I remember thinking to myself - I love our bell tower.
Monday, September 28, 2009
A Lazy Day. Sunday 6th September, 2009.
Labels:
gravy,
pan juices,
potimarron,
Provence,
roast pork,
Venterol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for making a comment, the staff at Living Life Less Ordinary thank you for taking the time to interact with us, hee hee hee.