Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A day in Montrevel-en-Bresse. Monday 2nd March, 2009.

I love meeting people who are passionate about life and what they do, they inspire me.

Today was spent with two people brim-full of passion for what they do. John and I drove the 100 or so kilometres to Montrevel-en-Bresse, to visit Mieral Poultry. These are the people who source the best poultry in the world! They laid out bodies of pintades, pigeons and poulets, their bodies plump and ready for the table. We learned so much about these pampered chickens from a farmer in a nearby village we were introduced to. This guy is the best of the best and has a trophy room to prove it. He happily showed us around his farm and introduced us to his chickens, he had such a lovely way with him and was so happy to share his knowledge. When asking how long he had been farming, he answered with a smile, "I was born in an egg".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making a comment, the staff at Living Life Less Ordinary thank you for taking the time to interact with us, hee hee hee.